Modern teeth whitening in Avondale can help you change your teeth and, by extension, your general appearance completely. In fact, some teeth whitening techniques used by kids dentist Avondale AZ professionals such as laser teeth whitening can help you get rid of what were previously considered permanent stains within a matter of s few hours. This much many people understand and the large number of people who opt for clinical teeth whitening every day in different parts of the world is a clear testimony to this fact. However, there is another aspect of teeth whitening that receives much lower attention than it actually deserves. This is the question of maintaining the great results achieved through teeth whitening.
Most of the modern teeth whitening techniques and procedures are only permanent on paper. If there are no maintenances done on the teeth then these results will fade and you stand the risk of going back to your previously discolored teeth. This will not necessarily mean that the teeth whitening procedure was not effective; no, it simply means that your teeth are normal and normal teeth, no matter how white they may be, can get stained and discolored if they are not properly cared for. So it is clear from the foregoing discussion that learning how to maintain the results of teeth whitening is just as important as actually undergoing the teeth whitening procedures if you wish to have long term results that last over the entire lifetime of your teeth. Below is a list of 5 steps that must be taken in order to maintain the results of teeth whitening.
1. Good oral hygiene; good oral hygiene is important in keeping your teeth white after undergoing a teeth whitening procedure. It involves regularly brushing and flossing your teeth. Brushing and flossing prevent the buildup of plaque on the surface of the teeth thereby helping you prevent any future teeth discoloration. Brushing also scrapes off any plaque deposits that build up on the teeth while keeping your breath fresh since its pretty useless having bright white teeth and foul breath.
2. Use the right tooth paste; to maintain the results of teeth whitening, you should only use toothpastes that are low in fluoride content. Fluoride has been closely linked to teeth discoloration and should therefore be avoided as much as possible.
3. Visit your dentist regularly; teeth whitening should not stop at the end of the clinical procedure. That is simply the first step in the bigger picture and you should continue to visit your dentist on a regular basis even long after he or she completed the procedure on you. A dentist can follow up and identify any factors that threaten the results of the procedure and help you fight these before they cause any damage to your teeth.
4. Avoid specific foods; there are some foods thatcause teeth discoloration and which, when consumed on a regular basis, can easily reverse the results of teeth whitening. Examples of such foods are those that have high acidic content such as citrus fruits. They also destroy the acid-alkaline balance in the mouth and encourage the growth of bacteria inside the mouth.
5. Avoid dark colored drinks; color rich drinks such as black coffee, black tea and colas have been known to stain teeth and cause teeth discoloration. They can still do the same to your teeth after teeth whitening and should therefore be avoided at all costs.